what i learned on the interwebs today

1. There are no Paleo / Whole 30-friendly protein powders. Another way to say this is that there is a bunch of junk in our food, but we already knew that.

2. Supermodel Jourdan Dunn drinks green tea and eats an egg for breakfast. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning.

3. Oil dissolves oil. If only I had payed more attention in Chemistry. After trying nearly every facial cleanser on the market, I stopped washing my face. Not quite, but now I just wash it with hot water and it's looking completely blemish-free. All of those store-bought facial cleaners strip your face of the oils it needs and screws with the ph balance of your skin, so I said no more. I did however find that my skin was looking a bit dull lately, so I've started moisturizing with Ponds, a real miracle cream. As an added step, I learned that the ancient method of oil cleansing is the way to go, so that will be added to my regimen. Side note, Mario Badescu makes a terrific rosewater spray for cheap, for achieving that dewy look.

4. In the old country, my parents fed me charcoal tablets when my stomach was upset. Apparently, charcoal has other useful benefits, facial ones. I can't wait to try a homemade face mask out of this magical ingredient.

5. Coconut oil is a great hair mask. May also be a great face cream.

6. Last but not least, a fantastic website, for the supplies, for all of these homemade remedies: www.bulkapothecary.com Might as well buy it for cheap.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author